Thursday, January 14, 2010

2010




Sitting with the palm reader at the Rumbaugh Palace in India, was a treat and one that I will not forget. I'm already wondering if the new year will bring about any of the predictions that were discussed in December. So far this year I had a birthday on the 10th, and Mark has surgery on the 11th. Today Mark is 15 months old, and is acting like a two year old. Daycare has been a godsend. I see the nutritionist tomorrow as I have vowed to myself, that this would be the year of good health, no matter what the cost. Colin leaves for India in March as we make another attempt at a sibling for Mark. We will use the same surrogate that we used for Mark.

Tonight we talk with ABC news regarding surrogacy in India, as Diane Sawyer is involved with the story. The experiences that many people have are very subjective, especially when most people really do not understand the Indian culture, even when they say that they do. With that said, I think the only way a reporter can really understand is to follow people who are starting the experience or who have already gone through the experience, with other people. I hope that they do not scare people away from India, especially if this is the best option for them.

1 comment:

jojo said...

15 months! Goodness me. I can't believe it...I remember when he was born.

I hope 2010 brings you everything you hope for.

x